August 14 – New Entrance is Open at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
August 2023 - The expanded patient drop-off lanes, valet parking and entry vestibule in front of Barnes-Jewish Hospital opened Aug 14. The former street-level entry permanently closed.
Located east of the former street-level entrance, the new area features a bright entry vestibule, three wide drive lanes and a large canopy to offer patients and visitors protection from rain and snow.
What to expect outside – see map
- The entrance to the drop off lanes is at the eastern end of East Pavilion.
- New temporary signage will direct drivers to the entrance.
- Vehicles will exit near the Plaza Garage entrance.
- The crosswalk from the garage will remain in its current location.
- Once across the streety, pedestrians will be separated from exiting traffic with barriers.
What to expect inside – street level lobby
- The new entry vestibule enters near the escalators.
- Valet parking service will be relocated in the vestibule.
- The street-level information will remain in its current location.
- The current main entrance will be closed.
- Escalators and elevators to main level will remain open.
- The entrance to Cardiac Rehab will remain open.
Duration and scope of Plaza Entry project
The 3+ year project will include a complete transformation along Barnes Jewish Plaza, including the new and expanded drop off, a new lobby in the garage and pedestrian bridge, and renovated and expanded street and main level lobbies.
The project is being phased to minimize disruption to patients, families, team members and physicians. Watch this video to learn more.