Barnes-Jewish Plaza to Close Sept. 30
September 2023 - Barnes-Jewish Plaza to Close for Weekend Work
Two weekend shut downs of Barnes-Jewish Plaza are being planned to set the new pedestrian bridge over the road, similar to highway shutdowns when overpasses are replaced.
Friday, Sept. 22, at 5 p.m., through Sunday, Sept. 24
- Starting Friday evening, a large crane will be set up on Barnes-Jewish Plaza.
- On Saturday, if the weather cooperates and there is little to no wind, the crane will set the 200,000-pound bridge into place. The bridge lift will take place on Sunday if there is wind.
Saturday, Sept. 30, starting around 7 a.m.
- Concrete will be pumped up onto the bridge deck. This will take up to eight hours.
Detours and Impact
- Detours will be in place, directing drivers both for entering and exiting the campus.
- For approximately three hours on Saturday, Sept. 23, the Plaza Garage entrance from Barnes-Jewish Plaza will be closed, as well as the current pedestrian bridge while the new bridge is lifted into place.
- Construction personnel will direct patients and visitors to the garage entrance on Clayton Ave. and to the employee tunnel under Barnes-Jewish Plaza.